A few weeks ago I received a little package from Popchips containing six little baggies of various flavored chips, a chip clip, a notebook, a coupon book and a little encouraging note to start playing with popchips to create a winning recipe for their Boston bloggers’ munch madness recipe contest.
Have you ever tried popchips? They taste like airy potato crisps and Adam and I are big fans. Actually, to be honest I’m not really into potato chips in general (not enough chocolate in them, hehe). But, when a craving strikes, I’m all about these. The salt and vinegar flavor is my favorite – so much intense flavor in each bite. Love! Adam on the other hand can’t eat a sandwich without chips and he LOVES popchips. He practically jumped up and down when he saw the box on our kitchen counter… in a very manly way of course. lol
I knew right away what I wanted to attempt. March munch madness = football to me (<—I just spelled “foodball” and couldn’t understand why spell check didn’t like that. wow…. Oh and apparently it’s basketball? What? I’m such a noob. 😆 ). Anyways, that means manly snack foods, whatever the sport is.
Enter: Popchips crusted baked buffalo chicken tenders! It could work or it could be disastrous. Luckily it worked. Very well in fact. All you need is 3 ingredients!
1. Preheat oven to 450*
2. Crush some chips into little pieces (1 serving of chips covered 4 chicken tenders).
3. Dip chicken tenders into buffalo sauce, then into popchips “crumbs,” place on oil sprayed cooling wrap over baking sheet. Hopefully that makes sense.
4. Bake for 13 minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked through).
5. Brush with some more buffalo sauce (I like mine super saucy!).
6. Enjoy with some blue cheese dip or if you’re like me and don’t like blue cheese, make a simple cooling dip out of yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Yum!
Healthy and fun! The potato flavor was mild but the chips added that perfect crunch. These were devoured very quickly!
I was having so much fun, I decided to make another munch-madness snack – popnachos! Here is everything you’ll need to recreate this deliciousness:
Original potato popchips, grape tomatoes (sliced), sundried tomatoes (sliced), olive tapenade (or sliced olives), goat cheese, peppadews…
and CHEESE! Quantities are per your liking.
Bake at 350* for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
The popchips were a really fun alternative to the traditional tortilla chips (and a lot healthier!). I also really loved my toppings combo – sweet, spicy, briny, cheesy… perfect game food!
Interested in trying some popchips? I’ve been given the opportunity to have some popchips sent to a few of my friends and well, I’d like to share them with YOU! [US residents only, please. Sorry!]
Here are the rules: there are 7 ways to enter.
1) Leave a comment on this post – Anything you want… maybe what you’d do with your sample of chips (create a recipe or just snack on them straight up?). Just don’t say “comment” – that makes me sad, I do read every comment here!
2) Follow me on Twitter (please include your twitter handle in the comments section so that I can confirm your entry).
3) For an additional entry, you can also tweet about this giveaway (my twitter handle @elinacooks and a link to this post must be included to qualify)
4) Subscribe to Healthy and Sane by email
5) Like Healthy and Sane on Facebook.
6) Add Healthy and Sane to your blogroll.
7) Link to this post on your blog, if you have one. If you don’t, let someone else know about this giveaway and tell me so in the comments section after they’ve entered the giveaway.
Please leave a separate comment on this post for each entry. The giveaway will end on March 27. I will randomly choose 1 winner using random.org the following day. Good luck!
Edited to add: I just learned that you can help me win the contest by liking my recipe pics on Facebook. To vote for the popchips encrusted buffalo chicken tenders recipe, please “like” this picture, to vote for the popnachos, please “like” this picture. I don’t want to be unfair to other contestants so I will not be offering additional giveaway entries for this BUT I would really really appreciate it!! Thanks so much!