Onto the post…
Hi y’all (I’m currently in the airport on the way to New Orleans, so I’m getting myself in the mood). Happy Friday!! I am obviously in a great mood since vacation is just hours away. The weekend is just around the corner for you too, so I wanted to share a quick and easy recipe with you before I shut my computer down for a few days.
Buffalo sauce. OMG, I love buffalo sauce. If I didn’t worry about killing my taste buds, I’d be totally cool with covering everything in it – breakfast, lunch and dinner. Something about how acidic and spicy it is. LOVE.
Luckily, it’s football season so instead of bathing myself in it (gross + I don’t have anything to wear with neon orange ), I can just show up to a football-watching party with a buffalo sauce covered concoction and be the most popular person in the room. Win-win.
A lot of buffalo chicken dip recipes call for canned chicken (eww) and butter (totally unnecessary). I came up with this on a whim the other day and it was the best buffalo chicken dip I’ve ever had. It’s not exactly health food but it’s just a little lighter.
Ultimate healthified buffalo chicken dip (serves a crowd)
- 2 poached chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 packages (8oz ea) neufchatel (low fat cream cheese), softened
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup Frank’s RedHot buffalo wing sauce
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1.5 cups shredded reduced fat cheese (I used 1/2 mozzarella, 1/2 cheddar), divided
- Baby carrots and pita chips for dipping
1. Preheat oven, or toaster oven, to 350*.
2. Mix all ingredients together, hold 1/2 cup cheese. The Kitchen Aid with a paddle attachment does an amazing job of creaming it all together. Super easy!
3. Transfer to 9×5 loaf fan (or another baking dish), sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Broil for 1-2 minutes to get the cheese extra golden on top.
Creamy, buffalo-saucy, cheesy. Dig in!
And Trader Joe’s blueberry goat cheese is perfect for those craving something a little sweeter… or those that may just be goat cheese obsessed [I’m both!]
This stuff seriously tastes like cheesecake. Crazy awesome!
One of my 2011 goals (btw, I should really look at those again) was get into sports watching. I may not be a die-hard football fan just yet, but I’ve got the game day snacks down for sure!
Do you love buffalo sauce? Any favorite game friendly snacks?
*Last reminder about the Pomi giveaway. I’ll be announcing the winner on Monday.*