I had plans to blog about something else today but you guys convinced me that I can no longer hold out on you on the monkey bread recipe (as seen here and here). Better yet, I have a special treat for you – a giveaway that will go perfectly with the recipe. Am I good or am I good?
Not sure what I’m talking about? Well, all I have to say is that you’ve come at the right time. I’m talking about a savory monkey bread made of pizza dough balls stuffed with pepperoni and cheese. Each individual ball is brushed with garlic butter (oh yeah!) and then nested inside a bundt pan.
They puff up beautifully together in the oven, which creates a nice crust on the outside and incredibly soft/fresh-out-of-the-oven softness on the outside. Seriously incredible! The original recipe came from Confessions of a Foodie Bride so please check out her post for more gorgeous mid-process photos. I used this recipe for the dough the first time – make sure to double it - and 2 store-bought dough balls the second time. Easy! On and because I wanted each ball to be uniform in size, I weighed them prior to stuffing (3/4oz is perfect!)
The “stuffing” possibilities are of course endless but I’d argue that cheese, garlic butter and some quality tomato sauce are a must.
This Pomi Pomodoro e Basilico sauce was sent to me by the company to review and I really enjoyed this fresh tasting, slightly chunky tomato sauce. The basil and other spices were not too overwhelming, which allowed the tomatoes to shine. I also really love that all Pomi products come in cardboard boxes, which are BPA-free and have a lower environmental impact (since they are lighter than cans to ship). This was the perfect dipping sauce for these pizza bites!
It’s like a little surprise inside
OMG, I want one in my belly right now (Btw, can you see how it’s crusty on the top and soft on the bottom? Who’s hungry??! Just me?). I served these at a football-watching gathering and the whole thing was gone in less than 2 minutes. I honestly wish I took a video of this. People were on top of each other, ripping off bun after bun. There was lots of mmmm’ing going on. My blogger friends were a little more well-behaved when I made it the second time, but it was still gone in minutes! Yup, make it. Asap.
And now it’s time for a Pomi giveaway! One lucky winner will receive 1 box Pomodoro e Basilico, 1 box Alfredo, & 1 box Vodka sauce. I tried the vodka sauce as well and enjoyed the flavor although it seemed a bit runny. I have more in the fridge to taste-test
Ready to win? Here are the rules: there are plenty of ways to enter.
1) Leave a comment on this post – Tell me whatever you’d like, like how good this monkey bread looks (lol), what stuffing you’d use when you make it (you are going to make it, aren’t you?), what your favorite game day snack is, or whatever else you feel like telling me.
2) Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway (my twitter handle @elinaholbrook and a link to this post must be included to qualify)
4) Subscribe to Healthy and Sane by email
5) Like Healthy and Sane on Facebook.
6) Link to this post on your Facebook page.
7) Add Healthy and Sane to your blogroll.
8) Like Pomi on Facebook
9) Link to this post on your blog, if you have one. If you don’t, let someone else know about this giveaway and tell me so in the comments section after they’ve entered the giveaway.
Please leave a separate comment on this post for each qualifying entry. This giveaway is open to US residents only (sorry!) and ends at midnight on Sat October 8. I will randomly choose 1 winner using random.org and announce him/her the following Monday. Good luck!