I’ve been fighting the sugar monster for the past few months. Well, I’ve always had quite the sweet tooth but it’s been more persistent than ever recently. So when Manisha from Stonyfield reached out to me to try oikos caramel and oikos chocolate (and host a very chocolaty giveaway!), I didn’t hesitate for a second. The truth is I’ve had both already and LOVED them. Here is a reused picture for a little visual. I ate this batch too fast 😉
These come in 4 (4-oz) packs. The caramel (or chocolate) is on the bottom with thick nonfat Greek yogurt on top. When you mix them together, magic happens. Ok, maybe not magic, but a crazy delicious sweet and tangy treat.
I love love love both flavors. If you forced me to choose between the two, I’d go with chocolate. No surprise here, right? 😆 These are not enough to satisfy my (crazy strong) cravings for sweet treats. I need a real baked good of sorts or at least a nice chunk of dark chocolate for that, but they do make for incredibly indulgent tasting snacks. I also discovered that the chocolate oikos over banana chia pudding with raw cocoa nibs and dried cherries makes one crazy amazing breakfast.
[The banana chia pudding was inspired by Gena – mix 2T chia seeds with 1/2 almond milk, refrigerate. It will get super gelatinous overnight. Blend with 1 banana and 1t cocoa powder for a chocolate banana breakfast pudding ]
[Same breakfast but with raspberries]
The chocolate banana pudding was not bad on its own (definitely healthy tasting) but was definitely elevated to exceptional with the addition of chocolate oikos (I know, not raw or even vegan but I’m not). For the most part, the yogurt cups were topped with granola and maybe some chopped fruit… or just eaten “plain.” LOVE. 😎
Want to try some for free? It gets better! Stonyfield will send one lucky reader a whole chocolate indulgence package with the following:
– 1 coupon for a free Green & Black Organic Chocolate Bar
– 1 sample of Numi Organic Chocolate tea
– 1 Dagoba/Eco Lips Organic Chocolate chapstick
– 1 Skinnyskinny real cocoa organic soap bar
– 2 free coupons for Chocolate and Caramel Oikos multipacks
– Recipe card set featuring Chocolate Cheesecake, as well Oikos spatula
I’m totally jealous, I’m not going to lie. Green & Black is one of my very favorite chocolate brands too
All right, so here are the rules. You probably know the drill by now 😉
1) Leave a comment on this post – tell me something fun – what your favorite healthy sweet treats are, favorite yogurt combo or maybe how you’d pair the caramel or chocolate oikos if you win.
2) If you have a blog, let others know about the giveaway and link back to this post. If you don’t have a blog, tell someone about this giveaway and let me know that you’ve done so (after they enter the giveaway by commenting). You can also tweet about this giveaway (my twitter name must be included to qualify – that’s @healthyandsane fyi ) *Either one earns you a bonus point*
3) If you have a blog, add Healthy and Sane to your blogroll or follow me on Twitter (if I’m already on your blogroll, let me know – it counts!). If you don’t, shoot me an email and give me some feedback on my blog. *This also earns you a bonus point*
Please leave a separate comment for each entry. The giveaway is open to US residents only (sorry). I will randomly choose a winner using random.org and announce the winner next Monday, September 20. Good luck!