I left work at 6:15 last night, seeing evening sunlight for the first time in days. It was pretty awesome. I highly recommend it 😉 Random highlights/thoughts of the day:
– It was my aunt’s birthday yesterday (thus leaving work early) – happy birthday, Dodina!!
– Roasted rhubarb is genius. I added it to my salmon/hummus/avocado wrap and it contributed a fun sour/tangy flavor to it. Yum
– Dinner at my first Persian restaurant, Lala Rokh, (remember it from here?) was not as great as I hoped it would be. Too much lamb, not enough vegetarian/seafood options as legit meals (lots of vegetarian apps though!).
– It is possible that I can get used to the taste of caramelized onions!!!! They were added to the bulgur with my dish and I didn’t even taste them. The bulgur was delicious! I need to research this one a little more. This could be a pretty awesome discovery (I hate my serious aversion to onions. Maybe there is hope for me after all 😉 )
– The look on my aunt’s face when the waiter brought out a giant chocolate cake that had her name on it (I pre-arranged that, brought one from Whole Foods) was priceless. I love surprising people with things I know they’ll like! Dodina is her nickname btw (doda = aunt in Hebrew, many years ago we just made Dodina into a word and called her that ever since).
– A spontaneous stop at Charlesmark Hotel for another drink with the hubs (because we were having too much fun on our walk home and didn’t want it to end) was one of the reasons I love living in the middle of a City. There is always something to do, you just have to get away from that office desk!
– Not randomly going for more food because I wasn’t stuffed (something I’m supposed to feel after a restaurant meal?) was my most proud personal accomplishment of the day.
– Bootcamp at lunch rocked (I’m getting better already!!). I told you I’ll make it there! 😀
Thursday in pictures:
We shared the appetizers. The mushrooms and eggplants were phenomenal!
Have a great weekend! I’ll be working but I’ll definitely try to spend a little time in the kitchen so please stay tuned