Only a few more days left in 2009, which makes it the perfect time to evaluate the year that’s nearly past! Since I’ve been blogging for over a year now, the first thing I searched for was the blog post on my New Year’s resolutions for 2009 (if you are interested in the original post, you can find it here). Let’s see how I did…
- Become truly Healthy AND Sane! – well, well, well – as expected this was a loaded goal and a really tough one to achieve! I think this is still a work in progress. I’d like to think I got a little better at the balancing act this. Making the decision to stop trying to lose weight (and be ok with maintenance instead!) and stop counting calories and eating intuitively I believe has tremendously helped me in this quest. This goal is staying on my 2010 resolutions list!
- Stop being scared of running outside – ha, kicked that one’s butt! In fact, I now prefer to run outside and miss it terribly these days (running in the cold has not been fun so I’m back to treadmill running for the season).
- Race a 10K! – Yes, yes, yes. Achieved this one back in May (recap can be found here) and even trained for a half marathon later in the year (something I thought was impossible a year ago – see the 2009 resolutions post). If you haven’t been following my blog then and would like to read the horror story of my first half marathon, you can find it here (it’s slightly depressing but there are lessons to be learned too!). I signed up for another half in 2010, so you better believe I’m finishing one next time!
– Improve this blog! – another loaded goal! I guess you guys can tell me if the blog got better. Some days/weeks I feel like I’m really onto something and am cruising; other days it’s hard to find things to talk about and I find my posts are a little flat. My readership has grown quite a bit over the year, so I guess at least some of you like the blog Please comment once in a while so I know you’re there! It’s good to be reminded that I’m not writing into space. I’m keeping this goal for 2010 as well
Overall I think 2009 was a really good year. My husband and I bought a condo (a major milestone achieved!), as mentioned above I stopped counting calories and started eating more intuitively (another biggie) and I met so many great friends though the blog that taught me lots in the process (like the fact that running can be fun and is not just a way to burn calories!). I hope 2010 is even better!! (I’ll do a separate post for resolutions for 2010)
Now let’s get to some fun stuff – 9 best eats of 2009! I should note that I’m excluding meals out – these are best eats that were prepared by me (and you can replicate them in your own kitchen!). It was fun reading through old posts to come up with this list.
3. pork tenderloin stuffed with goat cheese, dates and pecans (this recipe is now our all-time favorite and has turned Adam into a goat cheese lover!)
How was your year? What was the best thing you made in 2009?